Over 5 years of experience in data analytics to help drive business decisions in major healthcare companies
• Experience in deep diving data mining techniques to find the insights that help drive business decisions
• Ability to transform the data into easy to understand format
• Proficient in utilizing SAS / SAS Enterprise Guide to mine data and drive key business decisions
• Effective interpersonal communication, process improvement, presentation skills and organizational
• Proficient in utilizing Microsoft Office to help illustrate the data to key members of the business team
• Experience in Utilization Management to help identify drug trends and patterns
• Ability to collaborate with peers in business and technical areas to deliver optimal business solutions that drive corporate growth
• Experience sharing findings from analytical studies to key members of teams and conveying the information in an easy to understand manner
• Client service driven, goal-oriented individual who is able to complete tasks in a timely manner
• Great team player and driven with capacity to work well in a team environment or independently with little or no supervision
• Innovative mindset to think outside of the box to help drive key business decisions
• Excellent public speaking skills due to receiving the Distinguished Toastmaster Award
AWARDS, PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Walgreens Employee of the Month (November 2015, April 2016)
• Board Member, Worthington Glen Condominium Association, Louisville, KY o August 2014 – June 2015
• SHINE Disabilities formal Co-Leader, Louisville, KY o November 2014
• Oldham County Campus: Greeter& Communion Server, Southeast Christian Church Louisville o March 2011 – date
• President: Student Government Association – Sullivan University College of Pharmacy o July 2011 – June 2014
• President – Class of 2014 – Sullivan University o July 2011 – June 2014
• Student Ambassador – Sullivan University College of Pharmacy o July 2011 – June 2014
• Distinguished Toastmaster Award (DTM) o August 2010
• Fall Conference Chairman – Toastmasters District 11 (Louisville and Indiana) o October 2010
• Club Coach – Toastmasters International District 11 o July 2010 – June 2011
• Division F Governor (Louisville and Southern Indiana) – Toastmasters International o July 2009 – June 2010
• Area 66 Governor – (Louisville Metro) Toastmasters International o July 2008 – June 2009
• Vice President Education – Humana Speaks Up Toastmasters o July 2007 – June 2008
• Working Group Member – ISPOR o September 2004 – June 2012
• Ohio State Medical Center Volunteer (Surgical Intensive Care Unit) o September 2003 – March 2007
• Eagle Scout – Boy Scouts of America March 2000
• Esposito D, ed. Reliability and Validity of Data Sources for Outcomes Research & Disease And Health
Management Programs. Lawrenceville, NJ: ISPOR, 2013. 9 o Part 5: Statistical Approaches for HDM Program Evaluation (Authored below 2 Chapters) o Chapter 29: Primary Data Types and How They are Analyzed Statistically – Randomized
Controlled Trials o Chapter 32: Primary Data Types and How They are Analyzed Statistically – Retrospective
Designs o Primary Author – Parekh AA
• Parekh AA, Marcus RL, Roberts M, Raisch DW. “Risk and Benefits of Direct to Consumer Advertising on Patient-Provider Relationships – Report of the ISPOR Direct to Consumer Advertising Working Group.” ISPOR Connections, vol. 18 (3), May/June 2012.
• Szeinbach SL, Seoane-Vazquez EC, Parekh AA, Herderick M. “Dispensing errors in community pharmacy: perceived influence of sociotechnical factors.” International Journal for Quality in Health Care, 2007 19(4):203-209.
• Pedersen CA, Heitz RD, Parekh AA, Black CD, Sullivan DL, Wall AN. Profile of 2004 Ohio Pharmacy Intern Workforce. Ohio Pharmacist, Dec, 2004: 14-17.
• Pedersen CA, Heitz RD, Parekh AA, Black CD, Sullivan DL, Wall AN. “2004 Ohio Pharmacy Student Workplace Expectations.” Ohio Pharmacist (USA), vol. 54 (3), March 2005.
- Parekh AA, Rosas S, Velazquez J, Slabaugh SS, Bodenberg M. “Assessing Critical Thinking Skills in the Pharmacotherapeutics Sequence using Bloom’s Taxonomy.” Poster presentation at Sullivan University Research Day June, 2014.
- Seoane-Vazquez EC, Visaria JL, Parekh AA. “Reconsidering the Perspective in Economic Evaluation.” Poster Presentation at the 10th Annual International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research (ISPOR) Conference, May 2005, Washington DC.
- Pedersen CA, Heitz RD, Parekh AA. “Assessment of Ohio’s Pharmacy Student Job Expectations and Ohio’s Pharmacy Intern Workforce” Poster Presentation at the 126th Ohio Pharmacist’s Association Annual Conference, April 2004, Columbus, OH.
- Pedersen CA, Heitz RD, Parekh AA. “Ohio Pharmacy Students Desire to Pursue a Residency.” Poster Presentation at Midwestern Pharmacy Administration Conference, 2004, West Lafayette, IN.